Thursday 24 April 2014

A2 Evaluation - Beginning

For my main production task I filmed and edited a teaser trailer which was inspired by a big budgeted Hollywood thriller film. Before I had decided on the genre, I decided to research differences between theatrical trailers to teaser trailers to help me understand and think about content and in particular, structure.


I looked at both types of trailer for the big budgeted Hollywood blockbuster "Star Trek", "Just Go With It" and "G.I. Joe: Retaliation". During this research I found that Teaser were only really produced for either high-budgeted movies, or for films with an existing audience - my film "The Conspiracy" is a Main stream movie. Having watched these trailers, I made a list of the differences between teaser trailers, which can be found in my research and planning.


Theatrical vs. Teaser Trailers 1
Theatrical vs. Teaser Trailers 2
Theatrical vs. Teaser Trailers 3

I also analysed a number of teaser trailers and "big game spots" to see if there was a consistency within the medium terms of structure, editing, camerawork and the use of sound. I also noted the use of captions, which included tag lines, release dates and credits, all of which I included in my teaser for "The Conspiracy"


Comparing Teaser Trailers

Which I then wrote a list of all the things that kept appearing in teaser trailer and jotted them down to help make my trailer look as realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment