Tuesday 1 April 2014

Organising Props, Costume And Setting

In order to make my teaser trailer look as real as possible I had to think of props, costume and setting for each shot in order to make my trailer look real.

For my teaser trailer the costume I chose were fairly straight forward, for example, The Killer, I got him to wear a suit and got him wearing different clothes through out to show that it was shot over a several periods of time. compared to the two kids i got them to wear very casual clothes which show that they are young kids learning and when they are older I get them wearing casual and smart clothes which show the difference in time. showing them in there normal day to day lives and showing them being scared whilst running.

I needed several props for my trailer for instance for the opening scene, I had to get books for them to read and most importantly I needed the Note saying "Lets go to the woods" I need to get someone driving a car so i found someone with a nice car and asked them if they could drive fast down the road past tyne camera. and one prop that brought the storyline forward was the fake hand which i put in the pipe which looks like a dead mans hand.









Finding the correct setting was quite hard because I needed to find the correct location for each scene for example I went to East Finchley to the coffee shop (Costa) which i needed one of the boys to act natural drinking a cup of coffee which shows someone day looking natural which I thought that would be a very good place to record because I needed a shop with a place to sit by the window which I went to different coffee shops and I found the Costa in East Finchley was the best place.

No comments:

Post a Comment