Saturday 26 April 2014

Evaluation - Conventions Of Real Media Products (Poster)

Also for my A2 media project I had to produce a poster for my film. To do this I looked at different posters from a variety of genres which helped me understand and get a sense of all the conventions. For example I looked at "Admission" (Romanic comedy), "Battle Of The Years" (Musical), "We're The Millers" (Comedy) and "World's End" (Action). I analysed each of these posters to see if I could find any similarities.

Admission
Battle Of The Year
We're The Millers
World's End

After analysing all these poster I made a new post stating all the similarities that I found in these posters which would help me when it came to making my poster because when I made my poster I look over this and I thought of all the things that I needed to include for My Poster to look real. I found a number of conventions that appeared in almost every single one regardless of the genre, including billing and credits, the fact that the film's title was always the biggest font on the page, release dates and rating reviews.

Conventions Of Posters

To make my Poster as authentic as possible I tried to use all the conventions of conventions and design that I found in my research regardless of the genre. When I decided what genre I wanted my film to be I started to look at posters for "The Adjustment Bureau", "The Next Three Days", "Prisoners", "Fair Game" and "Unknown", This time I analysed how the genre is represented in these posters, through iconography and props and other design features such as colour scheme and font.

The Adjustment Bureau
The Next Three Days
Prisoners
Fair Game
Unknown

After analysing these poster in the sense of genre I made a list of all the conventions that kept on appearing in these poster so that it would indicate to me what I needed to include for my poster.

List Of Thriller Poster Conventions

Having done research on conventions of poster I used all the research I did and I included all the conventions that I found in my research.

Film Name







Tagline







Stars Names









Billing









Image Of Star









Reviews








Release Date







My finished Poster



No comments:

Post a Comment